A Barn


I don't know what it is about delapitated structures that appeal to me. Perhaps it's their artistic appeal. Whatever the reason, I love photographs of barns, old houses, etc. So I decided to take one. :-) This is a barn or shed located near my parents' home. The house it sits next to is in much better shape. I'm guessing this barn/shed is likely about as old as the house is and the house was built sometime in the early part of the last century.

No, I didn't snap a shot of the house because, well, the architecture of the house doesn't appeal to me. :-P

No real story to attach to this picture. I just like it. *g*

Comments

Hey Jana, I can see why you snapped this shot. I can kind of get a feel for the life that might have gone on at that time. And then to have it finished, gone, fading into time makes it rather sad tho.
There's a barn on the side of the 401, between London and Woodstock that has trees growing up through a large window and door. The barn's not in total ruin, but the trees still took seed and rooted inside the barn, and seeking sunlight grew out the window and door. I can't help but think there's something horribly metaphoric about that.
Heather said…
Great shot, Jana! Old barns really do have character.

Jordanne~ Would LOVE to see a shot of that barn you described. Sounds sort of creepy, yet fascinating at the same time.

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today