Weekly Lark 8/17/11


The Weekly Lark is a prompt for the imagination: something that’s just for fun. A lark is defined as “a source of
or quest for amusement or adventure”. . . so let the adventure begin!

This week: Write a few sentences describing a day in your life. Your sentences must include the titles of at least four books you've read in the past year.


Meagen: After a good night's sleep and Dreams of a Dark Warrior, I get up and start my day with two kids, a dog, and two cats. I sometimes wake up with a Wicked Appetite. Right now, it feels like things are coming Unraveled, since summer is nearly over and I have to return to teaching. Alas, there is No Rest For The Wicked, and I must return to the classroom.


Tiffany: Every morning I awake to a Beautiful Chaos as I Sweetly remind the kids to haul-ass to carpool. Once this is accomplished I am assured I am in fact an Evil Genius, and I go back to sleep and am Dead to the World.

Andrea: So this is just The Story of a Girl... named Andrea who happens to blog. Sometimes I feel as if I was Born at Midnight because of the late hours I keep during the summer months and on weekends. I spend my evenings curled up with a book until the wee hours of the morning and then sleep in late. With all this free time I should really do some things around the house but you could call me The Undomestic Goddess. The summer is fading quickly and before too long I will be back in the classroom. I will shape young minds and teach them the importance of literacy and history. Yeah, that's how I roll cause I'm Sorta Like a Rock Star.


Paula: I leave my Haven and go to work. Students come in looking for help navigating the Deception and Illusions of teen life. Before I Fall into bed, I remember to count my blessings.





Comments